This PetSafe 20 gauge solid core boundary wire is burial grade and comes in a 500 ft spool.
Compatible with any brand of in-ground electric dog fence installations, it’s perfect for expanding your containment area or repairing breaks.
20 ga wire is the most common wire included in DIY in-ground electric dog fence kits and you can use it to:
- Expand your furry friend’s containment area
- Repair a break in your existing 20 g wire
- Replace your existing underground dog fence wire
PetSafe 500 foot Spool Of 20 Gauge Solid Core Boundary Wire
Petsafe is a globally recognized brand, dedicated to bringing pet owners top quality products for over 25 years now. They’ve designed this boundary wire to be compatible with any brand of in-ground dog fence and here are the key features:
- 20 gauge wire
- Solid core
- Burial grade
- 500 foot spool
- Can cover about 1/3 of an acre
The chart below gives you an idea of how much wire you’ll need but keep in mind this may vary depending on the layout of your containment area:
First Impressions Of This 20 Gauge Solid Core Wire
Although it’s the thinnest wire used with in-ground dog fences, this 20 ga wire works well and does the trick for the vast majority of people using it. Whether you bury it or lay it above ground it’s suitable for most in-ground dog fence installations.
What Do Dog Lovers Have To Say?
Without a doubt, most people using this PetSafe boundary wire are completely satisfied with it. And people that were having trouble with other brands of dog fence wire switched to PetSafe’s 20 gauge solid core wire and noticed an immediate and lasting improvement.
What do dog lovers especially like about this PetSafe underground fence wire?
- It can be used with any brand of underground electric dog fence
- It’s easy to install
- It can be used for a buried wire installation
- It can be used for an above ground installation
What some dog lovers didn’t like:
- The spool that the wire comes on is poorly made and falls apart easily, causing the wire to tangle
- The wire is thinner than expected
But overall people feel that PetSafe’s 20 gauge boundary wire gives good value for the price.