As an Amazon Associate, if you visit a link on our site and buy something, we may earn a commission
This 14 gauge professional grade solid core dog fence wire is heavy duty, built to last and highly resistant to breakage.
It’s what professional installers use and it can make your life a whole lot easier!
It will cost you more upfront but it will save you time and hassle in the long run.
That’s because wire breaks are one of the most common complaints with DIY underground dog fences, mainly because the majority of DIY fence kits come with thin, fragile 20 gauge wire.
20gauage wire works fine for a lot of installations but here are some situations where you want to consider a heavier 14ga wire:
- If you’re installing your fence in a high traffic area.
- If you’re doing an above ground installation where your wire will be exposed to the elements.
- If you’re replacing your existing dog fence wire and want to make your fence low maintenance and long lasting.
- If you have over 5 acres to cover. Thicker wire transmits the signal better over larger areas.
- If you’ve had multiple breaks in your boundary loop after using a thinner wire.
14 Gauge Professional Grade Solid Core Dog Fence Wire
Not only is the 14 gauge wire itself thicker, but so is the jacket surrounding the wire. And that means it stands up better to the elements, lasts longer, and breaks less.
Here are the key features of this underground pet fence wire:
- Compatible with all brands of in-ground dog fence
- 14 Gauge
- Solid Copper
- Polyethylene Coating – waterproof and resilient
- Sunlight Resistant
- Direct Ground Burial Rated
- Comes in varying roll lengths, including 500ft and 1000ft
- Made in the USA
The chart below gives you an idea of how much wire you’ll need.
Bear in mind that the amount of boundary wire you need may vary, depending on the layout of your containment area:
First Impressions Of This 14 Gauge Dog Fence Wire
The thicker the wire, the less likely it is to break over time.
Installing a heavier 14 gauge wire will not only help you avoid those time consuming, costly wire breaks, but it will ensure your fence lasts for years.
What Do Dog Lovers Have To Say?
This boundary wire earned top marks from everyone who used it!
Whether they upgraded from 20 gauge to 14 gauge with their initial fence purchase or used it on a re-installation, consumers were completely satisfied with the quality and durability of this wire.
About the only negative thing that one person said about this 14g wire is that it was a bit hard to work with and ironically that was because it’s so thick. 😉
But overall the vast majority of consumers who have used this in-ground dog fence wire highly recommend it and say it gives excellent value for your money.
DigYourDog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.