14 Gauge Professional Grade Solid Core Dog Fence WireThis 14 gauge professional grade solid core dog fence wire is heavy duty, built to last and highly resistant to breakage. It’s what professional installers use and it can make your life a whole lot easier!
It will cost you more upfront but it will save you time and hassle in the long run and here’s why: Wire breaks are one of the most common complaints with DIY underground dog fences, mainly because the majority of DIY fence kits come with thin, fragile 20 gauge wire.
20ga works fine for a lot of installations but here are some situations where you want to consider a heavier 14ga wire:
- If you’re installing your fence in a high traffic area.
- If you’re doing an above ground installation where your wire will be exposed to the elements.
- If you’re replacing your existing dog fence wire and want to make your fence low maintenance and long lasting.
- If you have over 5 acres to cover. Thicker wire transmits the signal better over larger areas.
- If you’ve had multiple breaks in your boundary loop after using a thinner wire.
14 Gauge Professional Grade Solid Core Dog Fence Wire
Not only is the 14 ga wire itself thicker, but so is the jacket surrounding the wire and that means it stands up better to the elements, lasts longer and breaks less.
Here are the key features of this underground pet fence wire:
- Compatible with all brands of in-ground dog fence
- 14 Gauge
- Solid Copper
- Polyethylene Coating – waterproof and resilient
- Sunlight Resistant
- Direct Ground Burial Rated
- Continuous 1000 foot roll (not 2 rolls of 500 ft)
- Made in the USA
The chart below gives you an idea of how much wire you’ll need but keep in mind this may vary depending on the layout of your containment area:
First Impressions Of This 14 Gauge Dog Fence Wire
The thicker the wire, the less likely it is to break over time. Installing a heavier 14 g wire will not only help you avoid those time consuming, costly wire breaks but it will ensure your fence lasts for years.
What Do Dog Lovers Have To Say?
This boundary wire earned top marks from everyone who used it! Whether they upgraded from 20 ga to 14 ga with their initial fence purchase or used it on a reinstallation, consumers were completely satisfied with the quality and durability of this wire.
About the only negative thing that one person said about this 14g wire is that it was a bit hard to work with and ironically that was because it’s so thick. 😉
But overall the vast majority of consumers who have used this in-ground fence wire highly recommend it and say it gives great value for your money.